Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 2

Week 2 for me in Copenhagen was from January 28th to February 4th. I know I am writing days later but I will try to post week 2 and 3 today and week 4 by Thursday, then I will be all caught up! Week 2 definitely was a better week compared to week 1. I took a trip to the Copenhagen Aquarium which was not as good as I was expecting but I still got to see some cool creatures. I also participated in a MeetUp group event. This is where people go to meet other people with similar interests. Everyone knows back home that I would never go to something like this by myself, but I was dying to meet some new people and hopefully make some new friends. Coming here is like starting school for the very first time. You have to put yourself out there and step out of your comfort zone to be able to find out who you truly are and to make sure you don't miss out on any opportunities. This MeetUp event was a cocktail workshop so of course I was interested. I was extremely nervous showing up but ended up having SO much fun and met some really nice people from other parts of the world. It seems to me that one thing everyone around the world has in common would be the use of alcohol at social gatherings! As we all know, it definitely can help make things less awkward. This was also the week of orientation and when all the other international students were moving into my dorm! At orientation I met many people also studying at the Faculty of Science and found out that many of them were living in the same dorm as me! I now have a big group of friends living in my building that I have started to grow very close to. I started a Facebook page for my dorm so we could all keep in touch and communicate quickly with each other. The Facebook group has been a success, we have all been able to go out together, eat together, and help when we lock ourselves out of our rooms!
Frederiksberg Campus
Copenhagen Aquarium

photo 1-1 photo 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment